Stir-Fry Spicy Rotini Pasta
It has been a great challenge to prepare a pasta dish for Chef Phoebe. Chef is very picky when it comes to pasta dish. Ready made pasta sauces are definitely a big NO-NO for the chef: White sauce is way too creamy while tomato base sauce is too sour.
I have recently discovered a pasta recipe which require no single drop of the ready made pasta sauce apart of some tomato sauce to further bring out the taste of the fresh tomatoes.
There is slightly more time spent on the prep work, but trust me that it is worth the effort as the pasta tastes amazingly good. The taste profile of the pasta surpassed any bottled pasta sauce.
200g boiled pasta (best with macaroni or rotini pasta)
100g of sausage (sliced)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 onion (diced)
2 tomato (diced)
1/2 yellow capsicum (diced)
1/2 green capsicum (diced)
2 stalks of red chili (finely diced)
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
2 tbsp of tomato sauce
salt and pepper to taste
chili flakes (optional)
fried shallots (optional)
1. Heat the pan with some cooking oil and stir fry the garlic and onion til they turn lightly brown.
2. Add in the sausage and finely diced chili and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add in the diced tomato and capsicum, stir well.
4. Add in the tomato sauce, oyster sauce, pepper and salt and bring everything to boil.
5. Add in the pasta and stir well till all the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
Plate out your pasta and garnish it with some fried shallots. You may sprinkle some chili flakes on your pasta for an extra kick, if you prefer the spicier version.