Must Try Thai Basil Chicken Recipe

Saturday, July 30, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-


pad kra pao gai
I was having a 'hard time' when writing the previous post on 10 Delicious Food To Try in Bangkok. The fact is I was drooling away when looking at those tempting and mouth-watering food photos. The great taste of Thai cuisine just lingered in my month and I decided to make this delicious Thai Basil Chicken to satisfy my craving for Thai food.

I would say this dish is by far the best Thai food I have ever attempted at home which I am very proud of. Ever since its first 'debut' on my dining table, I constantly get repeated requests for the dish. The Thai-holy-basil instantly becomes the essential in my kitchen pantry now.   
pad kra pao gai
The Thai Basil Chicken is a simple dish to prepare at home and it goes absolutely well with steamed rice and fried eggs (sunny-side-up egg). Check out the recipe here.

Ingredients
400g chicken breast (cut into bite size chunks)
1/2 cup of Thai holy basil
3 stalks of red chilies (diced) - preferably with seeds on
6-8 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tbsp of cooking oil

Sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp sugar
corn starch solution (optional)

Directions
1. Heat up the cooking oil in the pan. Stir fry the minced garlic and chilies till aromatic.
2. Add in the chicken pieces and continue to stir til the chicken pieces are cooked.
3. Add in the sauce and keep stir frying til everything is well mix (30sec to 1min).
4. Turn off the heat and toss in the holy basil in and stir well.


The Thai version of sunny-side-up fried egg complimented the dish perfectly. Have you ever notice, the Thai fried eggs are crispy at the edges but remained runny on the yolk. These are the tips:
1. Generous amount of cooking oil
2. Crack in the egg onto the pan only when the oil is sizzling hot
3. Using the spatula, continuously splash some hot oil onto the egg
4. No flipping is required.

Surprise your family and friends with this simple to prepare Thai Basil Chicken dish. Prepare to get great compliments as the dish will definitely score!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...